Spay and Neuter Surgery in Ocean Springs, MS
When to Spay/Neuter
As an animal hospital that’s accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association, we abide by the most updated guidelines when it comes to spaying and neutering. It’s important for pets to be spayed/neutered within a certain time frame (such as before the first heat cycle) in order for them to experience the most health benefits. We typically discuss this in more detail during a puppy’s/kitten’s first wellness exam.
Benefits of Spaying and Neutering
Spaying and neutering are two of the most common pet surgeries we perform at our hospital, due to the many benefits they provide.
- Spaying and neutering help to decrease the number of unwanted pets.
- Spaying and neutering can help more shelter pets get adopted.
- Spaying and neutering can increase your pet’s lifespan.
- Neutering can eliminate spraying/marking, humping, and aggressive behavior.
- Neutering can remove the risk of testicular cancer and prostate disease.
- Spaying eliminates the heat cycle as well as the desire to roam.
- Spaying can remove the risk of mammary gland tumors and uterine cancer.
If you’d like to learn more about spaying and neutering, or if you’d like to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (228) 872-1231.